Can I freeze egg yolks?

I have been getting an egg related question. I have asked myself that very same thing before, feeling guilty about throwing perfectly good egg yolks away, however for some reason, I never answered me it.
Now all has changed, people expect me to answer and I would not like to disappoint so I did what I should have done some time ago: research. The answer is Yes absolutely, yolks can be left in the fridge for 3 days, preferably in an air tight container however they freeze very well and can remain in the freezer as long as 4 months.
On the other hand, I have just read about a nifty idea: liquid egg white in carton, like that of milk, sold in supermarket have a look, wonders never cease.
photo from flickr.com

No comments:

si

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails